CHIRPING 2ND

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
OK yall..this truck just keeps getting better,,yesterday on the way to work,,it chirped 2nd gear,,it is bone stock,,but runs dam good,,i had the windows down,,i heard it and was totally surprised,,it shifts firm,,has plenty of power,,cant wait to start the upgrades to it,,more to come:gr_grin:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Someone has adjusted the throttle valve cable a bit too much. :gr_grin: But far better for it to be chirping second, than be too loose and burn up the transmission. Just don't get too happy-footed and start breaking driveline parts...

Richard

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
If you aren't breaking driveline parts, you're doing it wrong . LOL!

I remember saying somehting about changing u-joints...

Last edited:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i got all the way to 4th with mine when i was really mad at it and floored it from a stand still, the locker and bigger gears definitely helped out at that point, but yea its exciting ill agree with ya.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
a couple of years ago I was trying to get 10' out of second gear and all I got was a junk 10 bolt...