Chips behind side molding removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DylanD

Reaction score
Im new but I wanna start by asking for some suggestions.
Just got done removing my side molding the paint is pretty good all around but in the process of taking off the side molds i chipped some of the paint and heated some of the paint up too much so there will be more of this chipping as time goes on got a few small bubbles now

should i be able to just repaint the lower half?

i will upload pics tomorrow

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Judging by what you said, you could probably repaint the lower half. Not sure how well you could blend the fresh paint in though. Are the chips small enough that you could cover it up with some touch-up paint?

DylanD

Reaction score
Judging by what you said, you could probably repaint the lower half. Not sure how well you could blend the fresh paint in though. Are the chips small enough that you could cover it up with some touch-up paint?

possibly the biggest chip is only about an 1/2 in at the most

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
possibly the biggest chip is only about an 1/2 in at the most
Using touch up paint will solve the chipping problem. It won't look pretty, but it'll do the job. You could repaint the lower half if you're striving for perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
You would have to sand it all down. Otherwise, the "chips" will still be there, filled with paint, but you would still be able to see them. Unless you plastidipped it real thick.