Chevy gmc wt grill swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteveOfromFL

Reaction score
I have a 1990 Cheyenne k2500 w/t with the single beam headlights and wanted to know if I can put a 90 GMC wt grill on mine just by swapping the 2. I just like the GMC wt grill better. I want to keep the 7x6 headlights for now

SteveOfromFL

Reaction score
Sweet. I also have found that the 90 Chevy wt with the 7x6s doesn't have any custom grills whatsoever which is the main reason why I want to swap. I want to keep the single headlights so I will stand apart from the million other trucks like mine. TY for the help

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're pulling it off a junker, pull the lights too. You never know when you'll need another set, and you can polish them up pretty nice and shoot clear coat over them to prevent oxidation. Though the 7x6 configuration has Lot of custom solutions that the Cheyenne and Silverado packages didn't.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

SteveOfromFL

Reaction score
Cool and i will definitely remember the clear coat tip for sure Thnx for that. I have the 5.0L 305 and the motor has been maintained great but I want to keep the best performance parts on it so its is strong and as reliable a work truck as possible because she's gonna be working hard like me. Any advice to a novice that wants to learn more about the old girl?

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Keep up on the maintenance. The 305 is a decent engine, but you'll likely end up wanting more when it's time to replace or rebuild, the 350 or a 383 is a better engine, and not terribly expensive, so rather than buying performance parts for this one, just maintain it and throw the money you would spend on performance parts into a savings account until you have enough to build a proper small block. Stay active on the forum, even if not to post, you'll find out what the common issues are and know how to fix them when they happen to you.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

SteveOfromFL

Reaction score
Yeah you pretty much hit it on the head about eventually wanting more HP. Its strictly my work truck anyways but I really love these and always have. And I just took my 12yr old son to show him what it can do in some real mud and I think he's in love with her now and is expecting to get her when he's 16 so proper maintenance is a must for sure. Ill stay active on here Cuz I have a ton to learn and look forward to it. Thnx a million man