CherryBomb Extremes??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackSilverado98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok I am tired of going through different exhaust setups. I first had a magnaflow di/do muffler that was WAY too quiet for me. Then I took that off and put on a flowmaster super 40 di/do and didn't make much of a difference. Then I put thunderbolt highflow cats and that made it a little louder. I love the nice deep tone that it has now sounds great, just verry mellow. I would like something with the same deep tone but louder. However I DO NOT want the glasspack popping sound. I just want a nice smooth deep rumble. So do you guys thing I will be happy with a cherry bomb extreme? I went through youtube quickly and found a few videos.

This is not exactly, but basically the sound I am looking for. I know this is a different engine, I just posted this for you guys to see where i am coming from as far as the sound I am looking for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UMC8MtZjedM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgROwkbv5Vk&feature=player_detailpage

It doesn't sound bad on this Tahoe but you can't tell much because it is a short video and he doesn't rev or get on it at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FhoOv7KRE&feature=player_detailpage

But I am not much of a fan on this truck. Which it doesn't have cats so that makes a difference for sure. But it just sounds too much like glasspacks to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=I_iaoGgVYFA

Anybody else have any videos I could hear with the mufflers on an OBS truck/tahoe?

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had an extreme on when I had my v6 in my truck is would wake the dead almost like straight pipes. I have a spintech 6000 with a catback exhaust now and sounds amazing at idle, cruising is nice and mellow, but when you open her up shes got a nice tone. But there is deffinetly no crackle just nice and clean. Kinda sounds like an ls1 in a camaro or something.

BlackSilverado98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had an extreme on when I had my v6 in my truck is would wake the dead almost like straight pipes. I have a spintech 6000 with a catback exhaust now and sounds amazing at idle, cruising is nice and mellow, but when you open her up shes got a nice tone. But there is deffinetly no crackle just nice and clean. Kinda sounds like an ls1 in a camaro or something.

Any videos? Would love to hear it!

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the Extreme's, but in general all of Cherry Bombs products are a great bang (or roar lol) for your buck. You can get the sound your looking for with glasspacks to be honest. With glasspacks the sound and tone is determined (partially) by the diameter and case length. I've had a thrush 2 chamber on my truck and it was just way to mellow, currently I have a 3" glasspack (22" Case Length) on my 94' and absolutely love it. It's not obnoxious loud and tinny sounding, it has a nice throaty idle, and is smooth at cruising RPM's. When you get on it, it screams but without any popping or anything like that. Here's an exhaust clip of my truck for reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-nm9n8vFBQ

BlackSilverado98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the Extreme's, but in general all of Cherry Bombs products are a great bang (or roar lol) for your buck. You can get the sound your looking for with glasspacks to be honest. With glasspacks the sound and tone is determined (partially) by the diameter and case length. I've had a thrush 2 chamber on my truck and it was just way to mellow, currently I have a 3" glasspack (22" Case Length) on my 94' and absolutely love it. It's not obnoxious loud and tinny sounding, it has a nice throaty idle, and is smooth at cruising RPM's. When you get on it, it screams but without any popping or anything like that. Here's an exhaust clip of my truck for reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-nm9n8vFBQ

Yours is definitely the best sounding glasspack one I have heard. Still not exactly what I am looking for, but it is close. Now, one problem I could see with that is that I am running a true dual setup which would mean I would have to run two glasspacks. This would probably make it quieter then yours and I would have the same problem as I am having now. Right?

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yours is definitely the best sounding glasspack one I have heard. Still not exactly what I am looking for, but it is close. Now, one problem I could see with that is that I am running a true dual setup which would mean I would have to run two glasspacks. This would probably make it quieter then yours and I would have the same problem as I am having now. Right?

If you want loud run glasspacks. 2 22" glasspacks on a true dual system will be pretty loud. But 2 8" glasspacks now that will rattle some windows.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yes and No. Keep in mind I'm running a single 3" Exhaust system. SO being you have true duals, you probably are running 2.25" - 2.5" pipe cat back. If you where to run dual glasspacks (say in a 20" case length) you would most likely have a pretty good exhaust tone similiar to mine. Your's would most likely be a little raspier (becuase of the decreased pipe diameter) but would have a similiar tone. Now with your high flow cats, that will obviously make it a little raspier but still shouldn't be LOUD like a 8" glasspack! Like 93Chevy said, a 8" glasspack behind a SBC will set of car alarms in a parking garages lol

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
spintech is the best they have a sound like no other... get the pro street muffler you will be happy!!! they sound better with headers so look into that if i was you... long tubes...