Cheapest way to do a 2"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was wondering what the cheapest way to do a 2" lift would be? Found some blocks for the springs in the rear and wondering what needed to happen up front? Its a 1992 GMC Z71 Single cab, std bed. Trying to stay away from body lifts...

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
1.5 to 2 in blocks in the rear and crank the torsion bars to match. I would also recommend a set of good shocks also! And get an alignment done after.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
How to Crank a Torsion Bar

By Jody L. Campbell, eHow Contributor

The torsion bars on a truck or SUV connect the front-end steering assembly to the center cross member of the vehicle attached to the frame. Torsion bars apply downward pressure to the front control arm. The rear of the torsion bars (connected to the cross member) have anchor arms with bolts that can be adjusted to increase the downward pressure and lift the front of the vehicle. They can also be adjusted to decrease the pressure and lower the vehicle. Torsion bar adjustments provide an inexpensive way (other than a lift kit) for vehicle owners to increase their front ride height, either for aesthetic reasons, or to accommodate added aftermarket options, like a heavy snowplow attachment.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5100584_crank-torsion-bar.html

I don't have 4WD do I couldn't tell you but I found this article. But you should wait for someone with a 4WD to answer.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
please do NOT crank to level with a 2" block, I did with 285s and Im going to decrank and put my 31s back on, it will ride like a brick and have almost 0 droop travel.
You must be registered for see images

Just to clear it up, the tire is accually almost 0* of camber, stock keys with crank left

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
please do NOT crank to level with a 2" block, I did with 285s and Im going to decrank and put my 31s back on, it will ride like a brick and have almost 0 droop travel.
- So what would you recommend I do?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score

Just to clear it up, the tire is accually almost 0* of camber, stock keys with crank left

I would venture to say that not every truck is the same. I cranked mine level to 3in blocks. I also did a balljoint flip. But I've put 2in blocks and cranked to level on numerous gmt400's an mine (that I cranked higher and wouldn't recommend) has been the only one that needed a the balljoint flip.