cheap but affective, homemade cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is way old but wanted to comment to save it

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Not sure why you would want to, this looks like a terrible idea. All this is accomplishing is giving up cool outside air for hot engine compartment air.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. Ill just run my stock cold air intake and worry about keeping up with filter change intervals.

inscarguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
think also this way. the engine is controlled by the computer and is a big air pump. you are introducing more "hot" air the system will adjust for that and pull power away due to the heat. also the addl. air has to come out. if you don't have a way to exhale all the air, all this time and energy is useless.

I had the k&n and found nothing, then went to the Volant due to its design. still no difference except for noise.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
It's not even a CAI. It's a short ram air intake and does nothing but add sound; however, people who drop several hundred dollars for a brand name intake swear they can "feel the difference". It's a placebo effect. "I just spent $400 on this thing and it has to work!"