Chasing OBD2 codes for inspection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue96

HANO Motorsports
Reaction score
I took that picture after one hour of stop and go traffic. I'm going to replace the thermostat next. Must be stuck open?

blue96

HANO Motorsports
Reaction score
My SES light is on when the truck starts, there has to be another issue somewhere.

1) thermostat/plugs/wires

2) check inside intake for evidence of regulator issues (puddling or clean spots right?)

3) check coolant temperature sensor for proper operation

4) park it and drive my beast mode Mustang to work :)

Last edited:

blue96

HANO Motorsports
Reaction score
1) thermostat/plugs/wires - TASK COMPLETE 8/19

2) check inside intake for evidence of regulator issues - DIDN'T NOTICE ANYTHING STRANGE

3) check coolant temperature sensor for proper operation - WORKS PROPERLY

4) park it and drive my beast mode Mustang to work - RAINING TOO DAMN MUCH LATELY!!

My wife offered to help and did a fantastic job reaching the rearmost spark plugs!! She learns a lot about her truck today! I'm so proud of her and CANT WAIT to get greasy again!
You must be registered for see images attach

I believe this is the proper operating temp as indicated on the oem gauge:

While I was at it, I changed the brakes (pedal went to the floor Thursday) and noticed while bleeding THE MASTER CYLINDER RESERVOIR WAS NEARLY EMPTY.... Wtf!?? Also rotated the tires and put on a new radiator cap.

Fk the SES light :finger:

blue96

HANO Motorsports
Reaction score
This is where the max temperature was before new 'stat:

Recent pic at dawn:

bambam78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if its been mentioned before, BUT, my truck was showing a lean fuel mixture, took me forever to find the culprit, and it ended up being my fuel pump, wouldn't hurt to check your psi and be safe before you shell out any more cash

It was also hard starting like yours is, mine would actually flood itself out, then it would shutter and shake when it finally did run up until it got warm, a new fuel pump fixed everything