Center console hidden charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grabbed a center console flap to test a proof of concept idea i had.

i dremeled out the bottom half of the console flap to make room for a flat magnetic charger. the reduced thickness did in fact allow for charging through with the phone sitting on top with no site of the charger. this is just a rough mock up to see if it would work. on a more polished piece there would be a channel for the cord and hole drilled through the pivot point for the cable to be routed down in to the center console where i have a 12v outlet installed

Attachments

• HC1.jpg
    HC1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 19
  • hc2.jpg
    hc2.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 19
  • hc3.jpg
    hc3.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 19

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There are some commercially-available charging pad retrofits for a few various OEM consoles. They're a bit pricey though. A DIY approach can be a cool alternative..

Richard

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some commercially-available charging pad retrofits for a few various OEM consoles. They're a bit pricey though. A DIY approach can be a cool alternative..

Richard
I want it to be like a magic trick, it will look like a regular console lid with no charger, place your phone down, presto charging