Center Caps for steelies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone know if these center caps could be used with steelies? I like the cop steel wheel look with the center caps. These ones are made of plastic? I know this is silly but I have no experience with center caps. I have never used any. http://www.centercaps.net/caps/details.php?stockNumber=748 Thats the site. I assumed they would be steel? How would they stay on? Being plastic and all? They say thy are from an old silverado style? I don't know. Sorry for rambling.

DWillmont

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK guys correct me if I am wrong but I believe these are from the 454SS steelies from the early 90's. To use these you will need the externally threaded lug nuts that have plastic covers they have a flare that captures a lip in the lug openings.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes they are the GMT400 style 5 lug caps. Like Willmont said, you need externally threaded lug nuts with the lug nut caps to keep the center cap on. All GMT400s with steelies from the factory had them.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i have those same centers on steelies and mounting them is as mentioned. they fit fine but on my steeleis they are loose. i just put a rag in the center to push it out so it wouldn't rattle while i drive, that works fine

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
You guys are the best. I don't mean to gush but jeez. I ordered them and then I saw they were made of plastic and I figured I should have read on further. I wonder where I would get the plastic caps to attach to the external thread lug nuts. I doubt they come with them. I might just send them back.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are the best. I don't mean to gush but jeez. I ordered them and then I saw they were made of plastic and I figured I should have read on further. I wonder where I would get the plastic caps to attach to the external thread lug nuts. I doubt they come with them. I might just send them back.

any auto parts store should have them