CB Radios

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
How do u tune the antenna?

You need a meter to read the frequency of the antenna. You "tune" it by moving the antenna up or down. The reason so many people like firestick's is because they come with a little hand turn screw on the top of the antenna under the rubber cap that you can use to tune it. Otherwise you would have to actually mount the antenna lower or higher.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You need a meter to read the frequency of the antenna. You "tune" it by moving the antenna up or down. The reason so many people like firestick's is because they come with a little hand turn screw on the top of the antenna under the rubber cap that you can use to tune it. Otherwise you would have to actually mount the antenna lower or higher.

you can also trim the shaft a quarter inch at a time....tighten it back down and check the SWRs....sometimes no trimming is required..but I have had to do it on occasion.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I got my radio yesterday. It was manufactured Nov. of 02 so its not the newest model but that doesn't bother me, she couldn't find the mounting brackets but I can't imagine that a CB shop wouldn't have a bracket laying around but she said if her husband could find them she would drop them off. I put my toolbox on Craigslist today so I hope I can get what I asked for money or trade wise. I'm going to the WVU/Maryland game on the 22nd so I'm hoping to have this all set up before I leave.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Make sure to take pictures of the install to share with us.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On your trip any truck stop like Loves should have the mount or ebay for sure.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is an access panel, on the floor pan,under the center of yer back seat. don't think u even have to pull carpet.

That is where I ran mine through, just popped that panel out an drilled two 1" holes in it for the cables with a grommet. I have my second antenna hooked to the fm radio.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Mine I mounted so the firestick was mounted on a custom bracket I made to fit by the rear stake pocket. I have it set up to remove the antenna when not in use. Then ran the cable along the frame to the firewall and drilled a hole, added grommet and my Cobra radio sits on a external speaker set up on the hump next to the 4x4 shifter. I can post pics if you want

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine I mounted so the firestick was mounted on a custom bracket I made to fit by the rear stake pocket. I have it set up to remove the antenna when not in use. Then ran the cable along the frame to the firewall and drilled a hole, added grommet and my Cobra radio sits on a external speaker set up on the hump next to the 4x4 shifter. I can post pics if you want

That would be great if you have the time! I haven't had it installed yet because I bought a Russian Mosin Nagant and my radio died so I bought a new Alpine head unit so I could have music. After this paycheck it should be going in but your setup sounds similar to what I would like to do.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
That's actually a good idea to fabricate a removeable mounting plate for the stake pocket.