CAT delete? Yayy or Nay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
It wasn't cheap for the guy who got caught. I think around $500. I'll have to dig it up if I can find my password.

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vote just to keep it on. If you're worried about back pressure, you can always get higher flow cats with bigger I.D. that will allow enough flow that the engine won't ever know.

It's not that much work to keep it on and they are proven to reduce NOx and CO emmisions. Also, they don't go bad frequently. I just replaced my truck cat after 20+ years...and only did that becuase I put in a new motor and a whole new, bigger exhaust. I also had an audi with a 20+ year old cat.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
A properly maintained and functioning emission system has no detrimental effect on performance or mileage.

The whole "rip the egr and convertors out" mentality is from the 70's and early 80's and is no longer applicable to modern vehicles.

All you'll end up with is a vehicle that pollutes more and performs the same, possibly worse....

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
The whole "rip the egr and convertors out" mentality is from the 70's and early 80's and is no longer applicable to modern vehicles.

false- it only came out then because that was when they started putting the stuff on. People still think that nowadays so you might as well say from the 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's to present.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
false- it only came out then because that was when they started putting the stuff on. People still think that nowadays so you might as well say from the 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's to present.

Not quite, I've been around before and after emissions controls.

Nothing I said is wrong.

They started int eh 70's and that's when the rip it off attitude came about. When EFI can about it was designed to work in conjunction with emissions. The purpose of EFI actually IS emissions control.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want those cops

This is something you do not want, the same cops pulled me over because they recognized my car and saw my high school parking tag when I was out at 12:45am cruising so they fined me $110.50 for being out past curfew without a senior license. Made me call my dad to come get me 3 blocks from my house.

This mentality will not die in my household. I'm glad our Nova's don't have cats and whatnot.