CAT delete? Yayy or Nay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So do you think a cat delete is good or bad? I have heard it both ways. I dont have emmissions in the county i live in and i was just wondering. Who all thinks it helps? with things such as power and gas mielage. and who thinks its bad? all the bad i have heard is coming from people and a couple of exhaust shops, saying you need a certain amount of backpressure and if you get rid of them you lose power that way.. so what are yalls proffesional opinions? thanks

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont think its good or bad. I haven't had a cat on my truck in over 5 years and I have not had a single issue. I dont think it helps or takes away power. The only reason I took mine off is because it needed to be replaced and I do not have to pass emmissions. My truck is a 91 though. With your 97 you may need it or the check engine light may come on.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
It is still a felony not to use one, however without inspections nobody will know but you. It will free up some airflow and also remove the chance of a clogged cat (obviously.) The benefits are small, but they are still there. If you have obd2 you will need to have the 2nd o2 sensor tuned out.

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i already got the egr and o2 delete with my current tune.. i did that just in case i wanted to delete my cats later..

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be keeping the cats on my truck (if I keep it) when I do my exhaust.....we have emissions here in PA.

My Nova doesn't have them and the police got called for a noise violation twice (just driving) fortunatley they didn't look at my exhaust system.......