Carnage and Stuck Pics

Discussion in 'Offroad Chat / Trail Ride Reports / Carnage' started by 1996 yukon, Dec 3, 2009.

1. thz71

thz71 Stock SUCKS!

Good ole ford frame flex lmao

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

2. 1BigCarrot

1BigCarrot OBS Enthusiast

Brave man for posting that pic :banana-mario: No way would I ever admit to that :driver: Like Tyler said, lucky it stopped where it did, you could've been climbing out a window.

Hey red, my 2wd van gets stuck on grass, how the hell do you manage that with your truck :shrug: hahaha

3. RichLo

RichLo I'm Awesome

No need for suspension of Fords, just bolt the axles directly to the frame and they'll flex like a rock crawler:rolleyes:

4. blazen71

blazen71 Newbie

Yeah total bonehead move. It wasn't nearly that bad till I put it in 4wd and got sucked in further.

5. 5vortec7

5vortec7 I'm Awesome

The original g80 grenaded on me at 180k, the good news was it was turning the corner at the end of my street 4 houses away. Thank God, as I was pulling my 16’ tandem axle. With out the couple grand to fix it right, I started the junk yard search for a g80 with 373’s. Found one and it lasted almost 20k then this happened... 04274724-D9F5-49E1-94A6-E717EC0D4234.jpeg

No trailer this time but it had started making some bad noises, and while decelerating into a left turn lane on a busy 6 lane highway I felt it grinding to a halt. Not wanting to be stuck in this horribly busy and dangerous intersection, I used the front axle to break it loose. Only broke the rear u joint. Was trying to get her around the corner and hopefully into the shopping center parking lot but that’s as far as I made it before the axle slipped all the way out. Local cops thanked me for getting it out of traffic and the AAA guy had a blast getting it on the flatbed.

6. thz71

thz71 Stock SUCKS!

Should have replaced it with an open rear

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

7. GarrettGmc

GarrettGmc I'm Awesome

Damn, good thing u were able to get out of traffic.