Show us some job carnage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nope. I've done plenty of repo in the past, it's sketchy as well, but this is all private property impound. The company I work for doesn't do any repo. The truck I had on the hook was parked in someone's paid reserved space. Private property impound is sketchy for a lot of the same reasons as repo, except you're going to the same places over and over, and often they know exactly where you're going (you generally use the closest storage lot that you regularly do business with) and sometimes will try to head you off. Being threatened, mobbed up on, chased, shot at, etc. is part of the game. Some people can handle it, some can't; some can take it for a while and it gets to be too much. I've been doing it nearly 20 years now. I like to say I can train anybody to do this work, but it's definitely not for everybody.

BTW greasy night shift factory workers don't phase me. I'm a little more worried about people that don't work for a living. :D That truck I had was towed out of an area in Houston called Greenspoint which is most locals call Gunspoint. We go all over the city and some of my best properties are some of the worst places to be. A whole lot of people with that arrogant "wish a muthaf**ka would" attitude, well, I like to make wishes come true.

:crazy:

Richard

So you're basically the Grinch if he drove a wrecker.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you're basically the Grinch if he drove a wrecker.
Eh.. I mean, I'm not without a conscience. We're out here doing ethical tows, not cowboy BS. Plenty of short-timers in the business give it a bad name. Nobody is happy about being towed, but if it was someone in your $60/month reserved space, or handicap spot without a placard and you have one and need to park there, etc. well then I'm your guy.

Still, the HD I built was named.. the Hater Hurter :Big Laugh:

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Eh.. I mean, I'm not without a conscience. We're out here doing ethical tows, not cowboy BS. Plenty of short-timers in the business give it a bad name. Nobody is happy about being towed, but if it was someone in your $60/month reserved space, or handicap spot without a placard and you have one and need to park there, etc. well then I'm your guy.

Still, the HD I built was named.. the Hater Hurter :Big Laugh:

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard
You think this truck is still out there? I've seen a couple of similar ones around town.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Not likely. Sold and shipped to a guy in Ohio, 12/2011. Can't say I've seen many GMT400 3500HD wreckers running around Houston lately. I know of a couple off the top of my head..

Richard
That guy was actually on this page a few years ago, I don't remember his name, but never forget that truck.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That guy was actually on this page a few years ago, I don't remember his name, but never forget that truck.
That guy was probably me. I joined here a couple years after I sold it, but have posted about it plenty when the subject comes up. During the build I posted it on a couple different forums but the pic links on those build posts are dead at the moment because my site is in limbo thanks to Godaddy.

It would be funny if the guy that bought it was posting here after buying it. If he did, then he didn't stick around long, because I've never seen anything from him on here.

Richard

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here you go.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That guy was probably me. I joined here a couple years after I sold it, but have posted about it plenty when the subject comes up. During the build I posted it on a couple different forums but the pic links on those build posts are dead at the moment because my site is in limbo thanks to Godaddy.

It would be funny if the guy that bought it was posting here after buying it. If he did, then he didn't stick around long, because I've never seen anything from him on here.

Richard
See below. MrBeast.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Repo shìt is always entertaining. Police impound is fun as well. Amazing how many people think they can dictate the circumstances of getting their vehicle back....