Can't Decide between different exhausts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyDude84

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
not to bring back a old thread, but as far as the Fm and the Thrush welded as AM2 stated, they dont flow too well because of the design of the muffler, the internals have ports/flanges on the inside that allow the exhaust gases to " bounce" off these walls to create that distinct sound, then exit the tail pipes... kind of robs performance. I am looking for that thrush/fm40 sound but have good flow... still on that quest lol

I will check out those spintechs

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had Gibsons on both of my trucks and they are junk both of the mufflers rusted out from the inside and started rattling. Id go with the Flowmaster or a Magnaflow

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are good ones... I ran a v-force from them and it sounded great...

Right now I have a Dynomax Ultra flo X and its OK.. not loud... a little drone but not bad..

I prefer performance over sound though... Magnoflow or a straight thru Muffler.... I head Aerochambers were good ones too.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
What are you refering to for the v force?

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
YOur best bang for the buck is going to be a high flow cat and a muffler of your choice, better performance, MPG, and sound, and much cheaper than a kit you posted.

A magnaflow 18", Thrush welded, Flow 40, Hooker Aerochamber, Spintech, or a Pypes Violator would be what you are looking for.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Ok. I decided on the Flowmaster 40 series. I wanted to do a universal pipe kit because I like the single exit out the side but they don't make a kit for that. The kit I'm looking at is a 3" piping and a 3" IN/OUT muffler. I know nothing about exhausts and I don't have my truck with me right now to look. What do I need to get this 3" to fit my stock catalytic converter or will I even have any trouble with this piping fitting?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
id go with the flowmaster 40, i dont know much about the rest but my cuz has the 40s on his truck and it sounds awesome. I have 2 flowmaster 10s with 3 inch pipe from muffler to bumper. Sounds good but is loud and i think 40s have a lil better sound since it not quite as loud.