Can't Decide between different exhausts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I have a 1995 Chevy C1500 5.7L 350 V8. I have been considering several different exhaust systems including
1) Gibson Split Rear
2) Gibson Dual Side Exit (Same Side)
3) Flowmaster American Thunder 40 series
4)Heartthrob Deep Tone
5)LMC Truck

Any opinions, reviews, or other recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I am mainly looking for that deep exhaust note with added power. Thanks in advance.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
For a great sounding system I'd recommend a flowmaster or a thrush welded muffler, the problem is that they dont flow to well though. If you want it to sound awesome and perform well spintech is the way to go IMO. I have magnaflows now and while I like them, its not quite as deep as I would like. Another thing I noticed is that those all look like kits for sale on summit or something like that. When I had mine done, it ended up being cheaper to take it to a shop and have them bend and weld everything up, just take them the muffler(s) you decide on

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Do you have any experience with gibson. They advertise a 15-20 hp increase and they sound good. I've seen some sound clips on youtube. Or if you really think Spintech is the way to go, which muffler do you recommend?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I haven't heard any gibsons in person, I'll tell you the best sounding truck I have ever heard was a NBS 2500HD with the 6.0. He had dual 3" pipe with Borla mufflers. It sounded amazing! He had Thrush welded mufflers on there before the borlas and those sounded almost as good. For the spintech, I'm gonna go with a 6000 series whenever I replace my exhaust

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would like to hear some Spintech's in person, youtube just doesn't do muffler's much justice.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a spintech on my truck and it was really quiet but good tone, I still might gut the cat and see if that opens it up a bit. of the ones listed id go flowmaster

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Would just buying the muffler and having a local shop re-do everything with mandrel bent tubing increase airflow and be cheaper too?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Local shops won't have a mandrel bender so if you really want mandrel bends you'll have to buy those too and have the shop weld it up. But from my experience it was much cheaper to have the shops fab it up vs buying the kit online