can i still use my rcx?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyboy98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 98 k 1500 with a 6"rcx , 3" body lift on 35's, im looking at buying the same truck but 2500 diesel, would i be aible to switch the lift over to the new truck?

chevyboy98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know i can put a body lift , but is my 6"suspention lift transferable, 2500 would be a 8 lug, they dident make 1500 diesel's did they ?

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
they did make 6 lug diesels and if its 8 lug the lift wont work the front suspention is different

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Just to be clear you CAN'T body lift a diesel because you will block the airflow to all the coolers and have cooling problems...

Snotrocket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just to be clear you CAN'T body lift a diesel because you will block the airflow to all the coolers and have cooling problems...

+1. You will have major cooling problems with a body lift.

The suspension lift will work but you will need to have a crossover pipe custom made as your front drive shaft will hit it.

chevyboy98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so it will only work on a 6 lug diesel model , thanks guys naw i know what to be looking for

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your rcx would sell quick if you pull it off. I'd be interested, along with quite a few others....

chevyboy98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont know how to ship stuff lol , that truck has so much done to it but i have to scrap it cause i did a cab swap and forgot to swap the vin, long storry short it cant be registerd in ontario , it has a 6"rcx 3" body, 35" nitto trail graplers 14bl rear end and xd serries spy rims new motor new trans, it kills me but i have no choice i have sooo much $ put into this rig

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont know how to ship stuff lol , that truck has so much done to it but i have to scrap it cause i did a cab swap and forgot to swap the vin, long storry short it cant be registerd in ontario , it has a 6"rcx 3" body, 35" nitto trail graplers 14bl rear end and xd serries spy rims new motor new trans, it kills me but i have no choice i have sooo much $ put into this rig

so swap a diff cab on and make sure you get the title with it. Problem solved