Can I hook up factory keyless entry?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 95 Tahoe is lacking something important to me, and that's the keyless entry. I found the correct fob, but I am not sure what pieces under the dash on a 95 I need.

I am hoping that GM installed all the stuff, but simply didn't bother giving out the fobs if your truck didn't have it. Also, In the event it does, whats the way to program it, as the 95 doesn't have the obd2 connector to use.

If I do need stuff under the dash, hopefully the wiring is there.

Shawn

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
I'm assuming yours didn't come with it factory if you didn't have a key fob. If I were you, I'd just invest in a far better aftermarket one.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck has had issues with the factory keyless for sometime....the brain box under the dash has been replaced a while back and still was intermittent when it would work...I finally had enough and installed an aftermarket unit...personally I wouldnt waste my time with factory components again..just my .02

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
My 98 S-10 had everything but a keyless entry.......I checked and was told if it didn't come with it, it didn't have any of the "stuff" for it under the dash.