Can I get some advice from people who have bagged there own truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I thought I'd post up and see if I can get help on this forum. I've asked around on others and no one really answered. I am not gonna lie, I've owned quite a few trucks that were bagged but I have never built one myself. I finally just bought a ECSB 1994 Silverado that I am looking to lay out. I have been gathering thoughts and ideas for over two weeks now. Just trying to decide what I am planning on doing with the truck. I finally pretty much got my plans together of what I want to do and around here I dont really got any buddies who do the whole air ride thing, Or should I say have done it. So this is gonna be a learning expirience for me. I am basically gonna jump in feet first with a buddy of mine who wants to bag his as well and just try to do my best at building this truck. My plans right now are to get the truck laying frame.

I am planning a very basic F/B/S/S setup. I found a air management kit that consists of Viair 480c Dual Pack kit, 8 1/2" Valves, Check Valves, Stainless Steel Leader Hose, One 5 Gallon Tank, 4 Slam r Bags RE5 RE7 or RE8 your choice! or mix and match, Air Gauge controller with panel
60' Air Line for 780.00 Shipped..... Does this seem like a good deal for what I get? Would I want RE7s or RE8s?

My next question is I found the NFamous 3 Link Kit for 525.00. The kit includes 3 Link Wishbone to clear factory gas tank (1.5 DOM tubing with a .188 wall thickness), 2 Lower links (built from 2x2 1/4 inch thick square tubing), 8 axle tabs 3 inch, 2 long flat tabs, Upper bag plates with pocket welded on them, Upper bag plate Gussetts, Step notches to lay on 24 inch wheel with 30 series tire, 7 Polyurathane bushings 3 inches wide, All the hardware necessary.

Anyone have any thoughts on the NFamous 3 Link kit or the Air management kit?

The truck will be built to lay on 22s. I just want something to cruise in this summer so this winter I will tear the truck apart again, Repaint the frame and body drop it. I dont wanna get to far ahead of myself and never get started or jump in to far and not be able to finish it.

Overall what I am looking for is a reliable, clean daily driven bagged truck.

My next question is, What type of welder is everyone using? Sucks that where I live I do not have access to 220 I am stuck with 110 but I was told there are some cheaper welders that will still finish the job as well as a big one? I am looking at welders as well.....

Anyone who can chime in on anything or tell me what to look out for when doing this, I would greatly appreciate. Hopefully I'll be dragging frame with the rest of you guys very soon!

slipping

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont have any input for you but I am doing the same as you. Going to jump in and bag my tahoe w/o ever having done it. Sounds like you have an awesome plan laid out. Good luck and I sub'd to read as you go.

Reaction score
Cool bro, Appreciate it. Post a link when you get started on yours in here, I love watching trucks come together. Especially Tahoe's they look so dope laid out.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
several of us on here have the Nfamus 3link. good stuff!

the price you quoted on air mgmnt sounds good.. are you going to do the cutting/welding yourself?

PS: my 3link isn't on yet...but is going on in the next couple weeks.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
yea u should find browsing through the forum we really like the Nfamus 3 link setup :lol: also seeing how you have never bagged one before it should be easier than 4 or tri4 setup. that seems like a hell deal for that managment kit u sure the price is up to date? Also where is it? What did u have in mind for your front setup.
Draggin or e3mcgrath , or smurfcivic can give u a lil more insight on installing everything im only at this point
You must be registered for see images attach

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a pretty good plan set out. I'm currently doing a SFBD on mine and we are using a Miller 140 for all the welding, working out great so far. My main advice would be to take your time and do it right the first time.

Hollywoodb6

Reaction score
If you aren't proficient at welding, have a buddy or someone who is help. Improper welding on suspension parts show up real fast while cruising down the road.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As devin said just look around this forum and it will answer all your questions. My link below will bascilly answer all of the above. 3 link is defiantly a good investment. I just wish the wishbone was adjustable.

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Slam-r-bags...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cd0710309&vxp=mtr

Thats the link where I found the air kit. I am planning to click buy it tomorrow morning. I always ask alot of questions before I do something just so I can attack it with a plan. For the front control arms I planned mostly on just dehumping the stock control arms until I can afford some MMW or Tubular Arms. I've checked out all your guys rides so far, First I thought I'll just lower it, throw it on some 18s and cruise it. Then I seen everyone else bagging there truck amd I though to myself, Why buy a 700.00 lowering kit when thats a great chunk of money to put into my air ride setup?

So, Right now I have at my house for far for my truck

Brand new 4'' Cowl Hood
GMC Sierra Grill with Billet insert
Complete smooth roll pan
License plate box for tail gate
Handle relocator
8 Piece Clear headlight set
1999 Silverado Front and Rear seats with Center console

I figured if I dont make any shows this year, I wont hate myself for not getting it done. Like you said, I'd rather have it done right than cobbled together so I can just tare it apart again in 5 months so I can fix everything I messed up.

I appreciate all your guys answers and help with this. I completed a welding class years ago at the local tech school. I did a year in it, I am very good with a stick welder and wire feed seems harder for me but I am plenty capable of both. I will have my buddy who has a trade in welding there helping too. I just keep looking at my truck hoping I'll know in a month or two what it looks like laid out haha

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
slam'r bags are AIM and the auction is outta Mesa, Az where AIM is based out of