Cablguy's "White Lightning" ... Video Thread ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I just downloaded er... I mean "viewed" your videos. No disrespect but booooyyyyyyy you sure got that country accent LOL

I must admit- you have a nice truck Sir!
Could you tell me about those A-pillars? I have some MB Quart components that I recently installed (amplified of course) and I can't really say that I'm blown away by the tweeters. I think I could definitely benefit from having them closer to ear-level. I did (just recently) sand them down, removed all the texture & painted them (Gunmetal) but am willing to cut/modify them for audio bliss ;)

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just downloaded er... I mean "viewed" your videos. No disrespect but booooyyyyyyy you sure got that country accent LOL

I must admit- you have a nice truck Sir!
Could you tell me about those A-pillars? I have some MB Quart components that I recently installed (amplified of course) and I can't really say that I'm blown away by the tweeters. I think I could definitely benefit from having them closer to ear-level. I did (just recently) sand them down, removed all the texture & painted them (Gunmetal) but am willing to cut/modify them for audio bliss ;)
Yes, I do carry that Southern Drawwwwwww ... LOL ...

What I would do is half way up your a-pillars, drill a hole and install a all threaded bolt and secure it with bolts on both sides of the A-pillar ...
Get a all threaded bolt skinny enought to be strong, but be able to be bent 30 degrees or so ... Make the bolt just long enough to where you can literally bolt the tweeter bowl to the bolt ... run your wire and install your tweeter ...
Try to keep the tweeter as close to the A-pillar as possible ...
This way you can test and tune your tweeters to get the sound you are looking for ... in my case was stageing and imageing ...
you can literally move the tweeter in different directions to make this work accordingly ...

If they are half way up the A-pillars, normally you would want them aiming towards the center / back side of your rear view mirror ... strengthening up your center voices and presenting a wider stage at the same time ...

Once you have got the correct driver positioning, remove your A-pillars from your truck and take off your tweeters, but leave your bowls in place ...
get you some speaker grill cloth and glue / cover the entire a-pillar ... commence to Fiberglass city !!! sand it down accordingly, repaint or vinal cover the a-pillars ...

Reinstall your tweeters and run your wires ... Wha La !!! There you go ... Custom A-pillars with tweeter installation ... If you have the "oh ****" bar on the passenger side ... remove it ... It will cause problems for the passenger listening to the music ...

Well, there you go in a nutshell ... Hope this helps ...
Randal ...

More Vids comming soon ... Thanks !!!

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Click on the pics to enlarge them ...

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Thank you for the info!
O, next time Mike rolls with you again CRANK IT UP when there's drum sick tapping. Mike told me it (audio) was ridiculously clear LMAO