Cabin pressure vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
the doors on my 93 rec cab are difficult to close with windows up because it feels like the air is not venting out to reduce the pressure.

1) are the only pressure vents the ones I can see on the latch side of door I cannot see any on back of cab so I believe all venting is done in the door jamb

What else could cause the pressure not to vent and make closing the door more difficult than it should be?

Thanks for your insight

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't you just have your truck torn apart and redone? Was this a problem prior to that? Do both doors act the same? I'm wondering if maybe the door just isn't adjusted right and having the windows down allows the top to flex more.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Didn't you just have your truck torn apart and redone? Was this a problem prior to that? Do both doors act the same? I'm wondering if maybe the door just isn't adjusted right and having the windows down allows the top to flex more.

Yes just replaced all of the rubber window and door seals as part of the restoration. Didn’t do it before, now it does. Both doors are same. It’s not a door issue alignment it’s definitely an air pressure issue. It’s as if the new seals made it so tight air can’t escape fast enough to close the door. If I get in and lower the window a half inch there’s no problem it closes with one finger. But with both windows up you have to slam the doors. I took the vents off both doors today and the rubber flappers inside are fine and moving easily. Same with the vent louvers in the door panel. Only thing I can think of is the new door and window gaskets have just made the cab too air tight.

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe the fresh/recirc door should move to "fresh" when the engine is shut off. Maybe your actuator is not working?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a plastic sheet between the outer and inner door panel that could be blocking the flow of air from the cabin into the door interior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
No plastic sheets, I took the black plastic vents off the doors and shined a light in the inside of the door and stuck a screw driver through the door panel louvers and I can see the flaps open unrestricted on both sides.

I also tested the recirc door actuator this morning and it is closed (outside air position) when off and it’s open (sucking in cab air) when the recirc button is engaged, so the actuator seems to be doing its thing properly.

All I can think of now is that the new rubber door seals are brand new and just holding the air too good? Seems odd though.

After checking all 4 door vent flappers and the recirc door I’m at a loss for what to check next.

Another thing I did was leave the truck running with AC going on max and the door closed easily.

Right now I’m just cranking the engine with door open, cracking the window, closing the door easily, and then rolling window up. That seems to work fine but a little strange to go through that sequence.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Upon closer inspection I think it is door alignment. There’s only about 1/32nd of clearance between top of door and cab pillar. There’s probably 1/16th of play in the door. Noticed a pinhole size chip in the paint where top of door has struck the top of cab. Looks like I either just need to be careful, or look into replacing hinge pins to see if we can straighten up the door alignment a bit. It’s such a minor issue I think it will go on the back burner for a while.

GGraham

Reaction score
I am having this exact same issue. When the windows down a little both doors will close fine. When all windows are up and sealed I have to slam both doors to even close at all. I don’t understand what’s causing this . Did you ever find out the problem or find a solution? Thank you very much