Cab corner tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Thanks. I knew if i weld continous it will warp, ive watxhed several vids on youtube on rocker replacement. I was gonna leave most of it, but ill probably try to clean out at least an inch above where i weld. I still need to get filler, primer, media for the spot blaster, and some assorted sandpaper and consumables. Thinking about putting bedliner from the body line down but im not sure yet. I've heard red is one of the hardest colors to match and this is my first go at actually body work.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Well i thought about getting raptaliner then hitting it with adhesive promotor, then a single stage victory red paint. Ive used raptaliner before and i like the grit it has and already have a gun to spray it. Also i was going to spray the entire inside, underside, and inside the bedsides with raptaliner while i had the bed off. Would this be advisable? Or should i use a rust inhibiting paint?

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Cheaper to go with tinted bedliner instead of bedliner and single stage paint, Monstaliner gives you a 5 year warranty on fading. It's tough stuff, uses ceramic for the texture, instead of rubber like others.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Another quick one. Do i primer before filler or is that a bad idea?

Body filler is designed for application over many substrates, however most fresh, uncured primers and paints, no. I would apply at least a weld through zinc rich product on the rear of the cab corner after fitting, before installation.

When in doubt, look for technical information on the refinish system. I know RM-BASF allowed you to apply a polyester filler over a FULLY cured and sanded EP series epoxy primer, but that was years ago. I don't have a current technical manual handy.

Every refinish system has their requirements, and it's best to stick with what they recommend.