C1500 bucking like bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was getting a bit of a stumble from my 305 at cold temperatures but now it has developed a HUGE stumble. It will fire right up and idle, but when I take off from a stop, it feels like it is running on 4 cylinders.
It bucks and shakes and almost stalls. It doesn't matter if it is hot or cold, it still feels like it is going to stall. I am going to get a new cap and rotor today, but I'm hoping someone else might have had the same issue and maybe suggest something else to try. Plugs look good.

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel pressure is...?

Richard

That I'm not sure of. I'm not even sure how to check it, but I will get a new fuel filter just in case. I dread the thought of changing it outside in this weather but if the cap and rotor don't help, I'll have to bite the bullet and get under there.

Big98z71

Reaction score
Fuel pressure check is easy, you can either rent an adapter or make one your self. If renting try to get the one that is just like a fuel filter works great

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Here is a step-by-step of how to test your fuel pressure. It's quick and crazy easy. You can rent these testers (more or less free, just make a deposit) at most auto parts stores.

http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/gm/4.3L-5.0L-5.7L/how-to-test-the-fuel-pump-1

That would be the first thing I'd check... And if you've never changed it - change the fuel filter. I've had similar symptoms on my old truck caused by a dirty fuel filter.

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cap and rotor seems to have fixed it. I'll put the gas filter in when the weather is nicer and I will do a fuel pressure test too.
Thanks for the info.