bumper/slider ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so i am gonna be making some rock sliders and would like to make a bumper soon

so for the bumper i can get some 3x3" tubing for fairly cheap

thought about welding one on top of the other and some caps on the end and getting a hidden hitch so i can put the bumper up higher and have the hitch higher too

now is that gonna be strong enough for a bumper since i wont have a hitch built into it too?

now for the sliders i was thinking some some 2x3 tubing or so and then some round tubing like for more of a step and lil more protection

kinda like this

http://www.industrialoffroad.com/gallery/album03/IMG_0548

ideas, opinions?

Reaction score
The hiden hitch going into the bumper? Id say (if im getting what you said right) that it should be plenty strong enough, depending on the thickness of the 3x3... Your frame and regular bumper is only 3/16" so if you use a 3/16" wall 3x3 then its really no different, but being its a solid box id say its way stronger than most bumpers. And if you want some serious overkill, use a 1/4" wall.. lol <<< probably cut down stray trees with that :)

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not exactly sure how thick the tubing is but i can find out

just not sure how strong it would be if i ran into a tree or something

i have a body lift on my truck and right now i dont have the brackets to raise the bumper up, so the bumper and stock hitch are lower

if i built the rear bumper i would have it up at the right height so it doesnt hang down and the hidden hitch would be about at the bottom of the custom bumper

Reaction score
Should work just fine. Your going to have to fab up some brackets tho, possibly use some of the original brackets.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i planed on most likely using 1/4 for the brackets and making some nice strong ones

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i want sliders like that on mine to cover frame more and as a step kinda for the short girls that get in mine. i took my hitch off after i raised the rear bumper and i want something better than the stock bumper. got stuck in woods and pulld into tree and the bumper went into the body. want something a lot beffier so that wont happen again. not going to waste my time with another stock bumper. im curious to see what you come up with

NAST96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Keep us posted man. Im interested also.Like the looks of the sliders alot and wouldnt mind having a pair myself. As for the bumper i think it will look good also. Id rhino line it or do something similar or Por15 works good and you have to practically grind it off.