Buckets and light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

topo4u20

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Just bought my 94 GMC SL and working on a couple of issues. Does anyone know if I can fit buckets and a console from another truck and get rid of my split bench?
Also the light does not work on my 4x4 floor shifter that should come on for the front axle but truck does go into 4x4. Is it a bulb?

Thanks

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
You should be ale to bolt buckets from 88-94 in easy the holes should be there for them and the console.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Just bought my 94 GMC SL and working on a couple of issues. Does anyone know if I can fit buckets and a console from another truck and get rid of my split bench?
Also the light does not work on my 4x4 floor shifter that should come on for the front axle but truck does go into 4x4. Is it a bulb?

Thanks

Yes you can put buckets and center console in your truck, you may have to drill out the inner bolt holes. As for the 4x4 light yes it is just a bulb, if memory serves me right they are the peanut style bulbs.

192Darkhorse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe you will have to drill only two holes and you will see exactly where to drill them when you line the buckets up with the holes from the bench brackets. I know some guys that have done it and its a pretty easy swap I believe there is a write up on GMFS

May I ask what is the appeal of the buckets and console that everyone in the world wants to rip out their bench and put in buckets? I have buckets and effing hate them Id love to find a 60/40 in good shape. I mean they are comfortable and all but I just dont see why buckets are the holy grail no offense of course to the poster I mean to each his own Im just curious what everybody likes so much about them? Hope that wasn't offensive I have just been curious lately with what seems to be a rise in bench to buckets talk.

topo4u20

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I personally feel that buckets look better and more comfortable and centre console is good for holding items. Thats all. Now just have to find a set in grey at a wrecker some day.