Bucket Seats Recovering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cvtech107

Reaction score
I have a dumb question. I took my leather bucket seats out of a 1996 Suburban to get recovered in a shop about 2 hours away from me. I took these in over 4 months ago and can't seem to get the shop to answer my phone calls. I think there is some problems going on between the man and girlfriend (they run the shop together). If I can get the seats back from them, I know they have rolls of the vinyl that I would like to use to recover them. The question is, how many yards of vinyl will it take to recover the buckets? I think I may be able to at least buy the vinyl from them to recover the seats, but I'm not sure how much I need. I would appreciate all answers. Thanks, cvtech107

Stringer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so you can't recover the seats that they are supposed to recover? :Big Laugh:

do ppl actually do that for real, with vinyl by the yard? if so screw that ...

get a vinyl lower and upper kit cheap. if any foam is at all worn u need to replace that too. color should be in your RPO codes, glovebox. probably starts with 9 and ends in I (for Interior)

Last edited:

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Buy the seat panels already done in the right color. It is an easy job and would have saved you some grief. It can all be done with simple hand tools. All you need to buy is a hog ring plier and a box of hog rings.

Cvtech107

Reaction score
so you can't recover the seats that they are supposed to recover? :Big Laugh:

do ppl actually do that for real, with vinyl by the yard? if so screw that ...

get a vinyl lower and upper kit cheap. if any foam is at all worn u need to replace that too. color should be in your RPO codes, glovebox.
The original seats were cloth buckets which have the cloth glued to the foam. After steaming the cloth to get it off, it pretty much destroyed the foam. We couldn't find seat buns any where and decided it would be easier to remove the original leather upholstery from the 96 Suburban seats. Also, where to you find a vinyl lower and upper kit. I want it to look good when it's done

Cvtech107

Reaction score
Buy the seat panels already done in the right color. It is an easy job and would have saved you some grief. It can all be done with simple hand tools. All you need to buy is a hog ring plier and a box of hog rings.
Where do you buy the seat panels from?

OBS Oregon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you very much! I will check it out. Fairly new to this forum, seems excellent!
Unfortunate about the seat shop issue. Bring a truck and get your property back. As for this forum, there is a wealth of information here pertaining to the OBS Chevy trucks.
Welcome to the forum!

Aeroscream

Reaction score

Cvtech107

Reaction score