BS oreilly experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
As we all know if the coolant temp sensor goes bad it can cause some pretty horrible experiences. heres my experience as well as a little background on my pickup......

About the truck: it is a 1991 Chevy Cheyenne K2500, 350 auto. it is a two owner truck me being the second owner and the first being NAPA auto. 145xxx on the clock and runs like a dream.

Since the truck used to be a NAPA truck it was kinda ironic that only the NAPA part worked correctly lol

I had bought a sensor for my 1991 K2500 from here, they gave me the box and I checked it. The part seemed as if it was a used part. But i didn't think anything of it, they put a 1 year warranty on it and i was on my way. Put the part on and it was Okayish for the 156 miles it was used, then the problems started happening again with it not telling the computer how much fuel to give or take. Pulled over, put the old one in and i managed to get to the Napa at walmart, i bought a brand new one with 6 year warranty and it runs perfect now. When i took the O'Reilly sensor back for a refund they said it wasn't their part and that they couldn't help me. When i explained that it was indeed their part, they said that it wasn't something wrong with the part and that my truck had an issue with the PCM... didn't even bother testing the sensor nor the truck for fault. Just a big F-U and 20 dollars wasted... last time i waste my money here at Perry O'Reilly. At least the Napa tested the truck and verified the sensor was at fault....

there you have it lol, in the future i will be going to NAPA for this truck. comment or do whatever lol

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
This topic immediately grabbed my attention. Orielly can go O'fist themselves by the sounds of it.

Happy Motoring!

Ever posted pics of the junk your driving?

GaryCCR

OnlyBodyStyle enthusiast
Reaction score
I avoid O'Reilly auto whenever possible. They told me once they couldn't warranty tie rod ends because I'd replaced them too often... Even though they were sold with a lifetime warranty. I tried to plead my case, I was told they only will replace parts under lifetime warranty if there defective, not just worn.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Never had a problem with any of the"big three"around me. Oreillys, advance or autozone. Been buying parts from them for years. They price match each other and all offer lifetime warranties. I'm sure it's all about personal experience. I've never had a bad one.

burnhedge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The big 3 are a joke around here. None of their employees have any automotive knowledge. Evenings and weekends it's just high school kids. At least Napa employees know what your talking about when you ask for a part.
Lucky for me, their's a great locally owned store in my area.
Guys that have been selling parts for 30 yrs. They just built a massive new store and warehouse and are running the chain stores out of town.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
Never had a problem with any of the"big three"around me. Oreillys, advance or autozone. Been buying parts from them for years. They price match each other and all offer lifetime warranties. I'm sure it's all about personal experience. I've never had a bad one.

im sure it was just this one guy who was working, i called the manager there after my experience and he said to let him handle it... needless to say i have a $150 gift card now :banana-mario:

The big 3 are a joke around here. None of their employees have any automotive knowledge. Evenings and weekends it's just high school kids. At least Napa employees know what your talking about when you ask for a part.
Guys that have been selling parts for 30 yrs. They just built a massive new store and warehouse and are running the chain stores out of town.

the NAPA in my area has only been open for about two months and the city said that they've made more than Oreilly did in the first month than Oreilly did in three! but they're all local people so we all know each other lol

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score

That's why I make sure I know what I'm getting before I buy it. I don't count on their knowledge. I count on the cheepest price locally.