broken rear cab mnt. bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
went to install protheyne body mount bushings and the driver side rear bolt broke, actualy twisted off in the middle. ive got a 2'' body lift and was able to get a sawzall between the oem body mount and the lift block and cut the bolt so i could get everthing removed. so ive got 2'' of bolt sticking down with the threads siezed in the cab. i sprayed the crap out of it with penetrating oil and after that soaks in for a couple days the only thing i can think of is trying to get up in there to weld a nut on the broke off bolt so ive got something to get a socket on and then heat it up good with the torch and see if it breaks loose. any alternative ideas ? i hate rust.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
when i did my buddys body lift we broke a few bolts i took a few bolts lined it up next to the bolt and ran a bead down both sides and then it came off

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
At work i do the trick of welding a nut on and heating it up all the time, happens all the time when i am doing front wheel drive transmissions and have to pull the front sub frame out. works every time! just have a fire extinguisher ready if something goes up in your cab lol