Breaking yard etiquette. Discussion debate personal views please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
^^^Yep, that's what they did to me several years ago when I pulled a quad sealed beam headlight assembly off a GMT400. They tried to ring it up as a "Composite Headlight Assembly" I think, for nearly double the price. If it wasn't for the confused look on her face I'd have probably just went, "Whoa.." and paid the price. I don't like being "that guy" and try get out of the way as quickly as possible.. Then two weeks ago I got a "coffee can" vacuum reservoir for our F150. Dude tried to ring up as a vacuum modulator or pump. "Uhh, do you see any wires or anything that looks even remotely electromechanical??" Then during the same transaction they made me pay for a junk power steering pump attached to the bracket I pulled for the same truck. Didn't have a puller to get the pulley off to remove said junk pump. Didn't matter what I said, I had to pay for the pump. Ten years ago, I doubt it would've been rung up.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Every part you destroy is a part the yard cant sell.
And that comes out of profits.

I'm going to pick up a couple parts for my son's Kia and realized yesterday that he's got a massive refrigerant leak at the discharge hose where the rubber crimps....it's easy access right in front of the compressor. Kid's been driving around with no ac for 3 months...:boxing:

call up to the yard to check on the parts I ordered pulled and asked about the hose since I'm going there later....He said he just saw one but needs to make sure it hasn't been cut...
$75 from dealer.... 2 fasteners....
This isn't even the self serv section that they also have....