Braking woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500SS

^ Money pit
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Ever since I bought my truck (88 C1500) the brakes haven't been what they should be, and as of late the pedal would sink when I would be stopped. I figured either the bore of the master cylinder was pitted or the seals inside of it were warped/deteriorated so I bought a replacement master cylinder and installed it. I bench bled it and bled the brakes after installation, and took it for a test drive. I can push the brake pedal down now to probably 75% of its range before it starts braking, and it only has maybe 2 inches of travel from lightly braking to flooring the pedal. I just put in all new rotors, pads and calipers so the brakes are good, I panic stopped to test it and my sub box flew into my dash. So does anyone have any ideas why its so low now?

Thanks,

Josh

mohannadAs

Reaction score
adjust the emergency brakes it plays big part of braking for such models

1500SS

^ Money pit
Reaction score
oh god, how i want a 14 bolt under that rear... i'll check out the rear brakes this weekend, thanks for the tip.