Brake issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 98 tahoe had a small leak from the front left line and i had it fixed. but my mechanic says theres zero air in the lines and stuff.
BUT the brakes feel softer than usual. is there any places to look

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Sometimes air will hide within the ABS. These trucks are bad for that. Either eliminate the ABS system, or keep bleeding the brakes. May take a few times. Sometimes more than a few!

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my brakes are soft and have always been soft but they work like they should. I just have to push the pedal down a little further.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have found out that even if you keep bleeding the brakes but nothing changes, take the truck on a dirt road and get up to 40-50ish and slam on the brakes to get the ABS to activate. Do this a couple times then go back and bleed them again. Also adjust your rear brakes up to where there is just a slight drag on the drums

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have found out that even if you keep bleeding the brakes but nothing changes, take the truck on a dirt road and get up to 40-50ish and slam on the brakes to get the ABS to activate. Do this a couple times then go back and bleed them again. Also adjust your rear brakes up to where there is just a slight drag on the drums

/\ this!!

I have been lazy about checking my brakes so I finally check the rears and adjust them and wow I feel stupid lol brakes are great now!!

I will be adding new rotors tomorrow and that should make it even better. I was also thinking of having my lines flushed and adding the synthetic brake fluid. I'm told it helps aswell.