Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I thought I'd be picking up a trailer this week, a 22 foot 10K tandem equipment trailer; the seller was firm and I just don't have the cash for it right now.
Maybe in the next couple of weeks after I save up and sell some **** I can go and negotiate a little more. I'm a little weary of the current trailer brake controller, but I'm also sure it's going to be enough considering how much the previous owners towed with it.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been thinking about getting one of those if we ever got a camper. Not a lot of room for one on our property. I don't think the wife is into anything bigger than what may end up weighing 6-8Klbs.

Let me know how it fits, I like to keep my options open.

I must have missed this, but I installed one about the same time this was posted. I am very happy with the hitch. Install was simple, and quality is excellent. The little tab to mount your 7 pin connector to is a nice touch, but it’s borderline too far forward for my campers harness.

I’m looking forward to the day I need to buy the B&W Turnover Ball and Compainion 5th Wheel.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m looking forward to the day I need to buy the B&W Turnover Ball and Compainion 5th Wheel.

Having owned the turnover and the companion i gotta say they're awesome. But if you've got a short bed you'll need the sliding companion which means some more weight and that's the only downside I had, moving a couple hundred pound hitch around wasnt easy so I'd use the 5th wheel to lift the hitch then place some tires under it when leveling the trailer so it wasnt just free hanging.

@BNielsen are you looking at a wood deck or metal deck trailer?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having owned the turnover and the companion i gotta say they're awesome. But if you've got a short bed you'll need the sliding companion which means some more weight and that's the only downside I had, moving a couple hundred pound hitch around wasnt easy so I'd use the 5th wheel to lift the hitch then place some tires under it when leveling the trailer so it wasnt just free hanging.

@BNielsen are you looking at a wood deck or metal deck trailer?

The 22' I was looking at was a wood deck, I'd love to get a 21' steel floor dovetail or tilt trailer, but those are 3x the price of this used trailer.
--------
May have figured out my A/C issue; I was poking around and noticed a connector on the back side of the compressor was unhooked, I haven't had a chance to hook it up because the engine's been too hot to reach under the rad hose to try and hook it up. Damn big blocks and their ability to hold heat.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The steel decks have their pros an con's. My 20ft 10k is wood and I'd prefer the occasional splitter then crawl onto a burning hot trailer loading something

Hopefully that'll be the fix for your AC it's to hot not to have it.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I jammed that plug in back on the connector, still nothing; but I went and wiggled the magnetic switch for the compressor and she fired right over.
Anyone know the proper part name for that little switch?

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The little gray and black pin with the green wire, if I wiggle it the compressor engages but just keeps running; it doesn't cycle, unless that's the way it runs normally?
Thats the power to the clutch. If you have your A/C set on max (maybe recirc too?) It will continually run until it either trips the high pressure switch or burns up. Normally it cycles, and the duty cycle I do not know. But, if that is where your problem is then it is either a bad connection inside the plug on the harness or clutch side.

You could pull it apart and look for corrosion, and also ohm the couch coil and wiggle the wiring to see if there is a change.

Last edited:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats the power to the clutch. If you have your A/C set on max (maybe recirc too?) It will continually run until it either trips the high pressure switch or burns up. Normally it cycles, and the duty cycle I do not know. But, if that is where your problem is then it is either a bad connection inside the plug on the harness or clutch side.

You could pull it apart and look for corrosion, and also ohm the couch coil and wiggle the wiring to see if there is a change.

I'll tear into it tomorrow and try and get it figured; I feel like I'm right on the verge of getting it fixed.