Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well. It's been two days since I tried to get the A/C figured out. Yesterday was busy with work, then hauling firewood to a friends house, and trying to figure out if the 400 in my brother's K20 is blown up, it's not, but it's really not happy about being run low on oil.
You must be registered for see images attach

So. I would like to try and get some wiring knocked out after work, mainly fog lights and start getting the trailer wiring reassembled, as well as trying to figure out air conditioning.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Well I was hoping I'd get more done this 3-day weekend; mainly wound up just driving out to the speedway and hanging out at the camper, and driving out to the lake and hanging out.

Wound up rolling 167K on it, it still blows me away how I bought this truck with 143K on the clock. Also been getting pretty decent fuel mileage, and after recalibrating my GPS on my ScanGauge, my speedo does read about 3 MPH faster, so I assume my calculated 11 MPG is closer to 12 or 13.

Managed to get my trailer wiring cleaned up and prepped for final wiring, I'm looking to get a 16K B&W hitch receiver and a 3 to 4" drop hitch so I can mount the 7-pole where I'd like to, as well as get rid of my crusty stock hitch.
I've been looking at a Logan's Metal Works rear bumper, I found a few on sale and I'm tempted to pull the trigger on one.

Last edited:

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Managed to get my trailer wiring cleaned up and prepped for final wiring, I'm looking to get a 16K B&W hitch receiver ...

Been thinking about getting one of those if we ever got a camper. Not a lot of room for one on our property. I don't think the wife is into anything bigger than what may end up weighing 6-8Klbs.

Let me know how it fits, I like to keep my options open.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been thinking about getting one of those if we ever got a camper. Not a lot of room for one on our property. I don't think the wife is into anything bigger than what may end up weighing 6-8Klbs.

Let me know how it fits, I like to keep my options open.

I'll probably order one next week or something, it's a 3-piece hitch so I'll be interested in seeing how well it fits as well. I just wish I had the money for a Torklift, but that's a hard pill to swallow for a hitch.

Learned a couple lessons while working on this project, like it's hard as hell to drop the spare when the bolt that secures the shaft to the tire winch is missing, if you think you've got the garage floor swept out, sweep it out again because it really really REALLY sucks picking gravel and dust out of your 3 day old tattoo, and always wrap the **** out of all your wiring with the good electrical tape and wire loom it up.

The travel trailer is massive compared to my truck, I'd love to find a Work and Play toyhauler from Forest River, but I've only found a few for decent prices close by.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you're not going to stick a 4 foot hitch extension on or run a slide in camper, no need for the Superhitch.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're not going to stick a 4 foot hitch extension on or run a slide in camper, no need for the Superhitch.

I was hoping one day I'd have a slide-in to mount on this truck, but I'm realizing now I can find travel trailers and toy haulers cheaper, cheap slide in campers don't last long around here, everyone loves to mount them on goosenecks and use them for crawler haulers.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Price per square foot sucks on a slide in, plus it's only the ones with a rear overhang that need an extension.