Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My only concern with going to 4.56 instead of 4.10s is my highway cruising speeds. Would the power band suffer trying to run 70-80?
Plus it's easier to find a 4.10 front diff than a 4.56; at least as far as my searching has gone.

Maybe 4.10s are happy middle ground along with some extra torque from mods? Next time I need new tires I'll probably go 285s on my 4.10s, my 265s spin too easily.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Sometimes I just want an override switch that allows me to lock up and unlock whenever the heck I want to!
That's what I did with my Blazer... Wired an on-off-on switch inline with the brake switch that runs to the PCM. Easy to do and quite effective. Now granted I don't tow with the little truck, but I have my 3rd lock the TC at 30 at low throttle, 55-60 if I'm on it lol. 4th locks at 38 low, 75 high - any higher than that and (imo) you're just wasting energy. That switch also allows me to kick the TCC out or force hold engagement if I want. I also enabled the lock during 3-4 shift.

My Sierra is a manual so I don't even worry about all that junk lol

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not much to report on the truck, just mainly been driving it and trying to keep it clean.
You must be registered for see images attach

There's a couple of little issues that have presented themselves over the last few weeks; issue one is it feels like it's hunting between gears just going down the road, or the TQ converter keeps locking and unlocking, either way the truck has a weird almost swaying feel to it going down the road with light throttle application. The fluid is good and it goes through every other gear just fine. It's really strange.
Second issue, suspension and steering. I've re-greased everything up but with getting close to 180K, it's time to start hosing down the front end. The roads around here don't help anything either. I'm more than likely going to start out small with shocks, sway bar end links and bushings, and a Flaming River U-joint to replace the crapped out rag joint.

In other news, I finally picked up a winch for my trailer, I'm going to hopefully be getting a plate welded to the front rail of the trailer where I'll be able to mount the winch plate, winch, and battery box.
It's a 12K pound Ironton (Northern brand) winch and it's honestly very nicely built. All the cables are 2/1 gauge wire with soldered and crimped ends and all the plasticky bits have a really sturdy feel.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
50-55.
It's almost like it doesn't have the power to hold OD but without any sort of data logging tools I'm pretty much left grabbing straws to figure it out.

Mine loves to unlock at that speed, too. Should be able to fix it with HPT. My dually is getting the operating system from the 1500 to fix its lockup issues. The OS it has now just doesn't respond the way 12212156 does. Like there's a delay or extra locked parameters that must be met to authorize a lockup.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
50-55.
It's almost like it doesn't have the power to hold OD but without any sort of data logging tools I'm pretty much left grabbing straws to figure it out.

Well, that's odd. Your apply/release speeds are 61/54 and same for cruise control settings.

The speedo is off just a smidge

By how much then? Might want to chart that out. The speedo and actual vehicle speed PID are separate. Your ECU will think one thing, and your speedo can tell you another.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, that's odd. Your apply/release speeds are 61/54 and same for cruise control settings.

By how much then? Might want to chart that out. The speedo and actual vehicle speed PID are separate. Your ECU will think one thing, and your speedo can tell you another.

It's off by about 3 to 5 miles an hour depending on speed, I'll start taking note to figure out definitive differences between speedo and GPS readings.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

It's off by about 3 to 5 miles an hour depending on speed, I'll start taking note to figure out definitive differences between speedo and GPS readings.