Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've burped the system 3 or 4 times, all to the point where the coolant was too hot to touch and it still does it, probably time for a coolant flush to see if something is gunked up.

This is a brand new Original Equipment ACDelco; I'll be pretty salty if this $144 pump is pooched already. There was no going back to the old pump, as soon as the truck was running it was dumping coolant.
Maybe I should've gotten a FlowKooler instead if the pump is indeed the issue.

I'd stick with delco. No insult meant with this question - but is your thermostat installed correctly and functioning correctly?

Guido

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well things are slow going between the heat and work. But they're going.
Washed it today, deep cleaned the interior as best as I could, but the carpet is shot. The body plug panel above the body mount has been leaking so the carpet and padding underneath are ruined. So that sucks.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hit a milestone last week, rolled over 180K. Not too bad for owning it 3 years; bought with 143K.

Put on some new shocks, WOW. Rides like a caddy now! These old ones were so shot I could push them down with one hand. Also, anyone needing new splash guards for their trucks, 10/10, go with @Cokeman95, between shocks and guards, it churches up my fender wells a lot.

Also as posted in the "Stuff that catches my eye" thread; I went and looked at a 98 Suburban last week, it was honestly really straight, and after agreeing on a price to purchase it, everything fell apart as to where I was going to store it and work on it, so while it sucks big time I have to pass up another one of my dream trucks, I guess I'll just throw some more money at my savings for a house and keep trickling some towards the red truck.
American Truck , European shock absorbers !!!

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd stick with delco. No insult meant with this question - but is your thermostat installed correctly and functioning correctly?

No insult taken, it's installed correctly unless it failed right out of the box. It's starting to go back to normal temps now, I may have another one on hand to put in when it's time for the intake to come off for a new FPR and a bunch of other stuff. Probably going to flush and replace with some Shell Rotella ELC coolant and some Water-Wetter.

American Truck , European shock absorbers !!!

Amazing shock absorbers! Well worth the money, and definitely my go-to shock for any truck I'll own from here on out!
--------------------------------------------
Got a question for anyone who might be able to chime in, I've got the updated 4WD actuator (had it for a while now) and I'm stumped on the extra wire, where do I need to splice it in? The instructions say to splice at the trans connector but I'm not too keen on that, anyone got a better place? Is it not just a different 12V hook up with the brown wire?

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a question for anyone who might be able to chime in, I've got the updated 4WD actuator (had it for a while now) and I'm stumped on the extra wire, where do I need to splice it in? The instructions say to splice at the trans connector but I'm not too keen on that, anyone got a better place? Is it not just a different 12V hook up with the brown wire?

https://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/threads/4x4-actuator-upgrade.6652/page-3#post-319052

Also

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/threads/how-to-88-2wd-low-range.90929/

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I suppose if you probed for 12v at the actuator plug, you could hook up a relay and switch like this.

And if I upgrade my actuator, this is happening.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I've got some experimenting to do; I'm wanting to add a TrueTrac to the front diff when I regear so I'm 10/10 going to try and set it up like your diagram.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I thought the air locker was the way to go for up front? Yes, the Truetrac can 100% unload, but is there a compelling reason to put it up front? Seems like 2wd would increase wear?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought the air locker was the way to go for up front? Yes, the Truetrac can 100% unload, but is there a compelling reason to put it up front? Seems like 2wd would increase wear?

I thought I had an Eaton E-Locker locked down for my truck already installed in a 4.10 diff; but that fell through.
I would at least like some form of limited slip in the front because there's been a few times in the past where I've only had 3 wheels to use where I really needed all 4 to even stand a chance.
Most of my research so far I haven't seen anything on any adverse effects or accelerated wear on any front end components with any kind of limited slip installed.

It's still beyond my comprehension as to why Eaton would discontinue the E-Locker for the 9.25 diffs, but they still sell one for the 8.25.