Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not much to report. Ordered new shocks, sway bar bushings and end-links; which should be here sometime next week.
Found a set of sill protectors on a 94 RCSB in the junkyard and grabbed them, a little worn in some spots but for $5 I can't complain. Might go back and grab some other things for future projects.
You must be registered for see images attach

Ignore how dirty everything is, the carpet is shot so I'm going to order new ACC carpet as well as sill plates.

Also getting another little project wrapped up, since I bought my trailer in December, I've been trying to figure out where to mount a winch. With the help of my dad and some scrap metal laying around work, we came up with this.

It's now mounted to the trailer waiting on paint, which I want to try and get knocked out today so I can get the winch plate and winch mounted and wired up.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well things are slow going between the heat and work. But they're going.
Washed it today, deep cleaned the interior as best as I could, but the carpet is shot. The body plug panel above the body mount has been leaking so the carpet and padding underneath are ruined. So that sucks.

Hit a milestone last week, rolled over 180K. Not too bad for owning it 3 years; bought with 143K.

Put on some new shocks, WOW. Rides like a caddy now! These old ones were so shot I could push them down with one hand. Also, anyone needing new splash guards for their trucks, 10/10, go with @Cokeman95, between shocks and guards, it churches up my fender wells a lot.

Also as posted in the "Stuff that catches my eye" thread; I went and looked at a 98 Suburban last week, it was honestly really straight, and after agreeing on a price to purchase it, everything fell apart as to where I was going to store it and work on it, so while it sucks big time I have to pass up another one of my dream trucks, I guess I'll just throw some more money at my savings for a house and keep trickling some towards the red truck.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That suburban woulda been a beast!

It might not be too late, I just got done talking with the owner who relayed to me that there was a few issues with the title, so she'll have to track down the PO to get it sorted out, so hopefully, in the next couple weeks if I find a place of my own I can pull the trigger, and turn **** into Shinola with that Burb.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not much to update, replaced the water pump; unfortunately now I'm dealing with the truck running warmer than it used to, prior to water pump it ran 190-195 cruising, occasionally getting over 210 if sitting still. Now it runs at 210-215 cruising and I've had it get to 225 sitting still. Pretty annoying because I don't know what the deal is and all the suspicious parts I thought would be the problem have been replaced.
I was able to verify the current temps using HPTuners when I was pulling some data earlier today.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not much to update, replaced the water pump; unfortunately now I'm dealing with the truck running warmer than it used to, prior to water pump it ran 190-195 cruising, occasionally getting over 210 if sitting still. Now it runs at 210-215 cruising and I've had it get to 225 sitting still. Pretty annoying because I don't know what the deal is and all the suspicious parts I thought would be the problem have been replaced.
I was able to verify the current temps using HPTuners when I was pulling some data earlier today.
Air pocket?

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced a water pump and my truck started overheating. Chased every possible explanation. In desperation, I put the old water pump back on and the problem went away. Ended up getting a new one from the dealer, which worked perfectly. If I had the money for the time I spent chasing that I probably could have bought the truck again.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Air pocket?

I've burped the system 3 or 4 times, all to the point where the coolant was too hot to touch and it still does it, probably time for a coolant flush to see if something is gunked up.

I replaced a water pump and my truck started overheating. Chased every possible explanation. In desperation, I put the old water pump back on and the problem went away. Ended up getting a new one from the dealer, which worked perfectly. If I had the money for the time I spent chasing that I probably could have bought the truck again.

This is a brand new Original Equipment ACDelco; I'll be pretty salty if this $144 pump is pooched already. There was no going back to the old pump, as soon as the truck was running it was dumping coolant.
Maybe I should've gotten a FlowKooler instead if the pump is indeed the issue.