Bow through subwoofer box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian9o12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok guys i own a 96 chevy k1500. I recently sold my two 8" subwoofer because i am wanting to upgrade. I want kicker two kicker 12" l7 solobaric subwoofers. The problem, they dont fit with the back seat. My truck has more than 2 people in it all the time so loosing the backseat isnt an option. So a blowthrogh box came to mind i want my subs front firing so they are easy to access similar to this
You must be registered for see images attach
now heres my idea. I want to secure it to the bed from inside the cab and i want to acess the subs from inside, i dont want a bed cap soni had the idea of fiberglassing it to look seamless with the bed and then bed line the whole bed (which i have been wanting to do anyways) whats yalls opinion on this. I like the idea of not taking up any footspace. Feedback is welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you build the box right they will fix.... they do not need much cu. ft. space per sub... all depends what you are going for.. clean sound or blow out an eardrum... I've had both as I use to compete a bit back in the day... "back in the day"yup I'm old. Most of the mass produced (non custom) boxes I've seen for our trucks have about ".60" to ".75" cu. ft. internal volume "per" sub..
Here is what your sub requires per kickers Web page.
You must be registered for see images attach

sent from what use to be a great country...

Last edited:

Brian9o12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Going for blowing an ear drum without taking up any foot space in our alwready small backseats but thanks for the feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk