Bolts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its been a while but if i remember right last time i did this i used 3/8-24 grade 8 1.25'' long with lock nuts to hold the hanger on.

DeadPool

Reaction score
update found the 3/8 by 1.5 at a place grade 8 but they only had 2 so they are ordering the other two but still looking for the longer bolt

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
3/8 is too weak to hold the hanger to the frame, it should be 1/2", the factory rivets are actually stronger than grade 8 so that is why they are smaller diameter

DeadPool

Reaction score
I am useing the 3/8 but i am having it welded in place afterwards by a weld shop up from me i think it will hold fine after the weld but if half fits through the holes that are there ill use them and still weld it

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Where are you from? Nice avatar btw.

DeadPool

Reaction score
Well ok i finally got all my bolts and parts. they still did not get my bolts in so i looked around and they had no 1/2in bolts so i found the largest and strongest bolts they had Witch was 10mmX1.50 (grade 10.9) with nuts of the same grade.

"HORNS im in Baltimore MD but im from TN. and yea i love FFDP"

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Ah Nice. I broke my foot in 5 places at a 5FDP concert 6 weeks ago. I'm still unable to walk. haha

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I would have to agree. Only thing that sucks is I haven't been able to work much. And when you own your own business and production goes down a little bit because you broke your foot in a pit, people get really ****** at you.