Bolt busted in the head

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if the manifold is not warped that should work without silicone, just the gasket. ive had a couple manifold bolts broke on my 97 454 for years with no leaks. don't know why they broke, they've never been off, haha.

We may try that before we tear apart the motor

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I understand what your saying, is beer involved? if not that's your problem

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you do try it without the bolt just be sure to retighten the bolts a couple times after its been heat cycled a few times

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like others have said... try to bolt it back up minus that one bolt and see what happens. Just hurry up and get over there and get it done before your pops gets after it with something else :)

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's a little late now but you could have welded a nut on the end of the bolt and backed it out....... Not sure if you can weld an easy out though...

Sent from somewhere in MN

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I had one simular at the shop last month. I took a small drill and drilled it at 4 points between the bolt and the threads, sprayed some PB Blasters in and then chissed the bolt till it started to turn. once it was out just enough, managed to weld a nut to it and remove it. Installed the new bolt with thread locker. Hasn't leaked yet

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like others have said... try to bolt it back up minus that one bolt and see what happens. Just hurry up and get over there and get it done before your pops gets after it with something else :)

Well I've been out chasing opossums but said I knew how to fix it before I left, don't think he messed with it any more since I've been gone. It's his pocket book on this fix, he was so furious that he just gave up, which fathers don't give up easily. Either way he will owe me big time haha and I want a chip for my truck.