Body style changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcain226

Reaction score
This may not be the right section, but I am curious as to what year the body style changed on the mid to late 90’s 1500 extended cabs. Specifically looking for the years that this style was made-

Thanks!

Attachments

• FD7046AD-682E-4635-8FFA-BF85E95CFFCC.png
    FD7046AD-682E-4635-8FFA-BF85E95CFFCC.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 7

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
88-93: old style dash(looks like 80s computer) my mom's 81 Monte Carlo had a similar dashboard!) and old style,flat center bar grille, with flush mount mesh/egg crate.
94: new style "floating bar" grille, recessed mesh/egg crate, aerodynamic center bar. Old style dash.
95: new style grille, new style curved/rounded dashboard and interior. Still TBI under the hood though!
96- up: new style grille and interior. Vortec under the hood. Midyear 97, passenger side airbag modifies that side of the dash. 98-99-2000, similar style but minor differences.
This grille info is for the Silverado deluxe grille; the early model W/T looks like a box fan with the flush mount mesh and squared off edges. 94-up W/T is very streamlined and obviously made with aerodynamics in mind.
Oh by the way I learned a lot of this from y'all here on this forum,so thanks for that! There's still so much to learn, don't know I ever will get all of it....