Body lift or suspension lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrfinchen1

Reaction score
Hi, I was wanting to get some feedback on lift kits. I own a 1992 k1500 all stock components(replaced new OEM) and was wondering what was the best way to go for a 2 - 4 in height difference. Which would be the best a body or suspension lift? I know both can come with issues and have minor problems but id like to get yalls feedback and see what kind of setup your using and what you recommend.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
A suspension lift would be a better option, a body lift is a cheaper option. All depends on your budget and what you want out of the truck.

I ran a 3 inch body lift for a few years to tuck some 35's under the truck. With the body lift the frame is very visible under the cab and a 3 inch gap is visible in the rear wheel well. The center of gravity is is a little weird as well. But, it's cheap, you get more engine bay room, and the trans is easier to R&R.

That being said im in the process of removing of shortening the body lift and fabricating a SAS coilover lift with 14" of travel.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The problem I had with body lift is the engine wanting to overheat while sitting in traffic with the AC on. I ended up putting an auxiliary fan in & fabricating sheet metal for the fan shroud/stock fan gap. And I agree with @7thdarkangel, replacing my transmission was easier with the body lift.