Bluex's 78 GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had some friends stop by an we swapped that windshield out with no issues. Now to go get the ticket dropped.

This is my long weekend off an I'm hoping to get a few things done while I'm off. Probably just getting some stuff cleaned an painted but that's progess right?

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your truck is HAWWWWWTTTT

Sent from my iphone while im sitting on the toilet

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your truck is HAWWWWWTTTT

Sent from my iphone while im sitting on the toilet

Thanks, Hopefully one day it will be much better.

Got a little done today, all the 3 pedal stuff got some flat black. I need another can for some touchup though.

You must be registered for see images attach

Pulled these pieces from the parts truck and cleaned and painted them. They are inner wheelhouse extentions I guess. The bed on the 78 doesnt have them but the holes are there so I'll be putting them on.

And painted my rust free used passenger fender. Need another can of paint though to finish it up.

I also removed all the trim from the bed on the parts truck today.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got after some bubbly spots on the front of the hood an some chips that were starting to rust as well. Found a few more holes :(

Also trimmed the dr lower control arm because the rim was rubbing on a hard right turn. I can turn farther now but it's still rubbing?

After that fun i swapped alternators an bled the rear brakes an finally got the last of the air out of them. Its nice having good brakes again.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Got after some bubbly spots on the front of the hood an some chips that were starting to rust

That sucks, I fired up the race car today blew a power steering line. I hate rust.

Adam

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I haven't done anything to this thing lately, just no free time at all. I did fire it up an take it to a car show an lunch with the local old truck guys. Had a good time, no pics from the show but I'm sure they will put some up an I'll transfer then over here when they do.

Guy in the Hyundai had the whole parking lot to choose from an parked right beside us messing up what could have been a cool picture :nono:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some pics the other guys took.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
So I suppose that yellow and white one has some air action?

Looks like you had more fun than I did today, im hoping to have a good time next year during show season

Sent from the big block!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I suppose that yellow and white one has some air action?

Looks like you had more fun than I did today, im hoping to have a good time next year during show season

Sent from the big block!

Ya it has porterbuilt stage one setup front an rear, which is basically plates, cups an bags in place of the springs. He doesn't have air management yet so he can only air it out once. He has it setup with Shrader valves an then airs it back up with a portable 5 gal tank he fills with his home compressor before leaving.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fergbkf