94 GMC shut off without warning while Accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldbody94

Reaction score
Had this truck for 10 years haven’t had any problems but I pulled it to get gas and just before I hit the brake it shut off I got gas and started right back up and drove home no issues and it did it again leaving my driveway and now won’t start back up. the injectors won’t spray I have fuel pressure at the back of the throttle body and I have a new distributor and fuel pump w/ inline filter and fuel relay have checked all my fuses and after doing so the injectors started spraying when cranking and then stopped again I have no idea what’s going on I have code 43 and 83 saved besides fixing these idk what going on

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Sounds like an ICM fried. Common problem for replacements to not last long, add lots of silicone goop to the bottom when putting a new one in, it is there for heat transfer. I also keep a spare in my glove box, just in case.

Oldbody94

Reaction score
Had trouble getting it to start until it got warm then I was able to get it timed set at zero running sounded great turned it off for a hour or two and then wouldn’t start until I got it warm again from firing off but not running and then it stayed running checked timing was set perfectly and then it wouldnt go over 2500 rpm’s will cut out until it was below it and then would stay running fine and now cant get it to do anything but start up and die