Blue 95's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man! No not for now, just will be another 2" lower in the rear then crank the front down a little more with some 275/60/17 tires probably in May or so then I hope before summers end I can get a rear sway bar on her.

I think I will have to do some more maintenance in the front end though this year and do tie rod ends, the other wheel bearing and maybe upper ball joints

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Thanks man! No not for now, just will be another 2" lower in the rear then crank the front down a little more with some 275/60/17 tires probably in May or so then I hope before summers end I can get a rear sway bar on her.

I think I will have to do some more maintenance in the front end though this year and do tie rod ends, the other wheel bearing and maybe upper ball joints

Booooo maintenance.. I wanna see this thing dragging transfer case lmao

EWheeler

Reaction score
Your truck looks great! What did you do to the paint to bring it back to life? My truck is the same color, and seeing how good yours looks makes me think I should spend some time on it this spring. I wasn't really thrilled on the blue, but I am thinking otherwise now....

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your truck looks great! What did you do to the paint to bring it back to life? My truck is the same color, and seeing how good yours looks makes me think I should spend some time on it this spring. I wasn't really thrilled on the blue, but I am thinking otherwise now....

Thanks man! Well she has lots of flaws, but one year I had a buddy buff it, but I don't think he made much of a difference. I have always done things by hand.

First I strip the old wax with dawn dish soap, dry the truck, then go over it with a clay bar, then I used a fine hand polish from Griots, then used duragloss 901, it is a type of non abrasive polish, then top with Collinite fleet wax. I use Griots car wash and speed detailer

EWheeler

Reaction score
Thanks man! Well she has lots of flaws, but one year I had a buddy buff it, but I don't think he made much of a difference. I have always done things by hand.

First I strip the old wax with dawn dish soap, dry the truck, then go over it with a clay bar, then I used a fine hand polish from Griots, then used duragloss 901, it is a type of non abrasive polish, then top with Collinite fleet wax. I use Griots car wash and speed detailer

How many times have you done this process on your truck? I would think only once? Thanks for the info.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have done it once a year for I would say 3 years now. I have lots of micro swirls that only a random orbital with a polish and wax process will be able to take out.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you! It is only half way or so now, hangers will be coming in the next two months, then shorter but wider tires in months to come.

Then down the road a solid rear sway bar setup and pull mudflaps or replace with just flat rubber ones.