Blowing dash light fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdslyde

Reaction score
My 5 amp dash light is blowing. I am sure it must be something I did, but problem is, I did so much. Anyone know where to start troubleshooting this?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Start with the dash lighting circuit. Then go back over every thing you touched. Without knowing what you did, it's impossible to know where the problem lies.

cdslyde

Reaction score
Start with the dash lighting circuit. Then go back over every thing you touched. Without knowing what you did, it's impossible to know where the problem lies.
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for this fuse? Also, it would be nice to know exactly what is on this circuit so I could disconnect each thing, one at a time to allow me to narrow the search down.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See sticky above for link to download the free PDF OE service manual for your year truck. Some years are more than one book, get all for your year. Everything you want to know is in there, locations, wire diagrams, how and where looms are routed. With these manuals you can build and trouble shoot your whole truck.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can find service manuals here: