Bilstein Shocks for static trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmxzach

Reaction score
I'm an s10 guy, but i'm here to ask some questions to drop my friend's 98 SCSB W/T. She has 2" DJM spindles, 3" DJM coils, 6" Western Chassis flip kit and 4" Welder Series step notches (It'll be bagged eventually)
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

I've been told that Bilstein Part # 24-021715 will be okay with the 6" flip kit, can anyone confirm that?

Summit lists AK2083 as the front drop shock, but I contacted Bilstein Canada (A distributor) and he informed me that the "drop shocks" and the "stock shocks" are actually the same length.

Keep in mind she'll be efectively dropped 3" up front instead of the oh-so-common 2" when doing the 4/6 kit. The last thing I want to do is have her bottoming out shocks up front. We'll be using stock control arms with the DJM bumpstops installed.

What Bilstein shocks are you running up front with 3" coils?

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive used the stock style shock up front with a 5 inch drop so you should be fine with the bilstein replacement shock. i like the bilstein shock over any other over the counter shock..

bmxzach

Reaction score
You're saying stock shocks don't bottom out with a 3" coil... Something doesn't make sense here.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had stock shocks in the front of my truck with 3 inch drop springs... so not speaking without experience here.. full size truck are somewhat different then S10's