Big 3 Upgrades Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, explain a unibody frame. If your logic is correct, and it's not. In that situation, the whole truck would be the chassis.

no such thing as a unibody frame, there is a unibody chassis though. which is body and frame are one which the axles and suspension are bolted to.

Goliath

Reaction score
Got this done today. I didn't use any fancy wiring or terminals (or really big wire) just a bunch of 2ga from AZone.

Replaced ALL wiring from both batteries:

On my starting battery I grounded to body, block and frame. On my aux I grounded to frame and firewall.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got this done today. I didn't use any fancy wiring or terminals (or really big wire) just a bunch of 2ga from AZone.

Replaced ALL wiring from both batteries:

On my starting battery I grounded to body, block and frame. On my aux I grounded to frame and firewall.
So ... did all this work fix your problems ???

Goliath

Reaction score
No and was pretty sure it wouldn't, but I cleaned up my old wiring (slightly corroded and with poor crimp connections, etc), learned how it was wired and how it worked, corrected the set up and added larger, clean wire and more grounds - so it was good.

Next step - ignition switch.

Goliath

Reaction score
Replaced my ignition switch, not too bad but not a fun job - had to search several stores to find the E4 and E6 Torx sockets needed. Well, that didn't fix it but sooner or later probably need to be done anyway.

Yesterday I replaced my neutral safety switch (which was a very easy task) and that seems to be the culprit. It started several times yesterday. This having been an intermittent problem I am not totally confident it is fixed, but I feel really good about it and if it isn't fixed, the problem will rear its head soon - but I think I got it solved.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
has any one done the big 3 upgrade and included a capasitor to help stablize the systems with high current draw....i am running 3 batterys, 1 isolater, and a 1 farad cap.with 2awg wire...pics coming

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
the other two batterys are in the bed of the truck
You must be registered for see images attach