Big 3 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To increase the output of the battery and alternator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't increase it..... only let's it flow better for what is already there... i knew what you meant by your statement but just clarifying for those that might get the wrong idea that a bigger wire can increase what the alternator can physically put out....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea that's what I meant. The larger wire decrease the resistance in the system letting it flow better. The advantage is to make your headlights better and other electronics

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Yea that's what I meant. The larger wire decrease the resistance in the system letting it flow better. The advantage is to make your headlights better and other electronics

hmm... seems like an easy mod to do too ... I think I might tackle this.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My headlights are brighter, my windows are faster, and it woke my stereo up like a mo fo

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The OE cable has a built in, inline fuse. Is it because that cable is a 12 awg ? So would a 2 awg not need 1? All I'm saying is every forum online, even this 1,some guy is showing Every1 how to do this and they are telling you to put a fuse inline. Of course they are throwing in a 300 amp anl fuse.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
A 300 amp fuse there is pointless imho youll never hot 300 amps between the alternator and battery so its just like anoyher part of the cable because youll never blow ot

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well power cable to alt is installed, with no fuse. Before the mod my capacitor would read 13.5 to 13.8,with grounds alone it read 14.2 now with power to alt it reads 14.4. Any1 doing this in have measurements and every bolt and study are a different size. I had to drill out every lug to a bigger size

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the big three mod, also added the power wire from alternator to battery without a fuse... No problems as of yet. I did wrap the wire in some extra red split loom i had lying around.