Favortie stock 16" rims are:

• 6 bolt, early 90's

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • smooth, late 90's

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • 80's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Is this what you meant by 80's style? Hard as **** to find a pic btw:

You must be registered for see images attach

And I love these, the Z71 OBS Tahoe wheels:

You must be registered for see images

Yeah, those don't look near as good for a stock tire IMO. Thanks for the opinions, guys! I'll probably stick with the smooths (that's what I have on right now) until I get some new rims.

HOWEVER- those Tahoe rims sure do look sweet. I don't think I've even seen those before.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Is this what you meant by 80's style? Hard as **** to find a pic btw:

You must be registered for see images attach

And I love these, the Z71 OBS Tahoe wheels:

You must be registered for see images

I see the 80s style every day lol. I have them on my Diesel but i also have a set of 6 "Sawblades" But i have like 3 fake lug caps and 2 smooth caps. I would prefer to have a full set of smooth caps.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do what my dad did,,, lose the centers all together and go with the trashy trailer park look,, lol

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See, here's the thing.

The "sawblade" rims are fantastic OEM rims. They just compliment the trucks so well.

I prefer the "exposed 6 lug" design on the 1992-1994 trucks. It gives a nice bit of contrast.

However, I also really like the 1995-1998 "smooth" ones as well, but the center cover and rims HAVE TO HAVE the same finish. They look terrible with a nice shiny center cap and a dull clearcoated wheel.

The 1988-1991 "4x4" rim looks good too, in it's own right. Not as eye popping or enhancing as the sawblades, but a heck of a lot better than hubcaps or the basic steel rims.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
FAKE LUGS. Love the way it looks on lifted/4x4 rigs. smooth ones on slammed obs trucks.