Best lowering kit? Bell tech or Mcgaughys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m fixing to buy a 4/6 lowering kit for my 96 single cab Silverado and I want to know which kit you guys think is the best out of belltech or Mcgaughys? Going to be running the 22s Texas edition wheels with a 4/6 drop. Front:spindles/coils rear:flip kit/c-notch.Need help to decide which one u guys think

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m fixing to buy a 4/6 lowering kit for my 96 single cab Silverado and I want to know which kit you guys think is the best out of belltech or Mcgaughys? Going to be running the 22s Texas edition wheels with a 4/6 drop. Front:spindles/coils rear:flip kit/c-notch.Need help to decide which one u guys think
Both are reputable companies and make quality products. I'd buy whichever one is offering the better deal for the same package.

Jwalk3r

Reaction score
I was told that the Belltech spindles increase your track width. I went with DJM spindles for that reason

Kustombuilt1911

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a full Bell Tech kit (4/6 with their c-notch & shocks) on my 2dr Tahoe. Had to roll the fender lips to clear the 20's. But no rubbing & rides very well.
You must be registered for see images attach

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a full Bell Tech kit (4/6 with their c-notch & shocks) on my 2dr Tahoe. Had to roll the fender lips to clear the 20's. But no rubbing & rides very well.
You must be registered for see images attach
What size tires are u running? I’m thinking on running the Texas edition replica 22s and was wondering what tire size I should go with on a 4/6 drop

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was told that the Belltech spindles increase your track width. I went with DJM spindles for that reason
That is true. But I think it is minimal. I've known guys to run them with no issues. I think spindles from any of the big companies are pretty safe choices.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this is an apples to oranges comparison but i had a mcgaughys
2/4 drop on an 04 ram and the back shackles squeaked bad. The beltech that i have on my 94 doesn't make a sound

Rick Reid

Reaction score
mines a DJM, some of the powder coating has peel off over the years :(

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DJM powdercoating is....really bad. I just had to strip mine and repaint everything because the powdercoat was gone off the c notch and axle flip parts on the Tahoe Limited. Most of the powdercoat just flaked off in sheets.